Thursday, May 25, 2006

There's a time . . .

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.


Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is inspiring, and very true.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I love those verses!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Sharilyn said...

Yeah, those verses are really cool. I was slightly confused about when it said that there is a time for hate and war, but I guess if it's evil you hate or something, then it's fine. It just made me wonder about loving your neighbours and I was slightly confused for a minute, that's all. Just thought I'd randomly mention that. But yeah, I also like those verses.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

sweet cheese

8:18 PM  
Blogger Kiersten said...

a time for everything. that's so cool. like everything will fit into place eventually, we don't have to worry about it...

9:47 PM  
Blogger Joshua said...

Thanks for posting this Allesha. Some of those speak pretty big to me right now.

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home