Monday, March 27, 2006

I am Saskatchewanian

Hey.
I'm not a hick, or a hog farmer. And I don't live in a barn or eat mosquitos, or own a John Deere.
And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Alberta, although I'm certain they're really, really nice.
I have an OUTDOOR STADIUM, NOT a wussy DOME.
I speak of good times with good friends at Rider games and BP's,
NOT the phony's and the yuppies at the "theatre" and HARD ROCK CAFE,
and I pronouce it 'CRAVEN', NOT "Craving".
I go to Tim's for hot chocolate and doughnuts at midnight following whatever,
NOT capuccino or that mocha stuff they call coffee in Vancouver.
I can proudly wear a green and white in my hair and show off green underwear!
I believe in PUSHING YOUR WAY TO THE FRONT,
NOT standing in a line trying to act cool.
SNOW, NOT rain,
AND THE GOPHER IS A TRULY PROUD AND NOBLE ANIMAL.
A sweatershirt with a hood on it is a BUNNY HUG, not a HOODY!
And it doesn't make you part of a gang!
And yes...we like 80's music, but this does not mean we dress that way.
SASKATCHEWAN IS THE FLATEST LANDMASS!
THE ONLY PROVINCE OF ROUGHRIDERS!
MY NAME IS _____! AND I AM FROM SASKATCHEWAN!

14 Comments:

Blogger JordanT said...

braden you don't even know your own name. now that is sad. especially when you have to put in a space to put your name in when you do remember

11:03 AM  
Blogger Ross said...

that was weak sauce. screw provincial pride, school pride, country pride or whatever organization or society that we are told to be proud of. Every one become non-conformists like me! (think about it)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

true dat

12:26 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

weird... I actually know a Jimmy from Alberta...haha...but he moved.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Kiersten said...

ross i am shocked and offended my your language. :P

4:42 PM  
Blogger Sharilyn said...

Actually, I was originally Ontariotonian. I think I can relate to some of these traits, though. Haha, I'm "craven" some food. I'm going to go get on a bunnyhug, and then perhaps listen
to a bit of 80's music...

5:28 PM  
Blogger Alayna said...

braden, honestly. enough already.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Kiersten said...

finally.

11:10 PM  
Blogger kara dee. said...

...WHAT?!!! we don't wear 80's clothes!!!! I am SOOO moving to Alberta!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

you guys are weird....I must go now and burn my history project
(no seriously I have to burn the papers...well the edges actually what fun, hopefully I don't burn down the house!)

4:38 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

wow (an hour later) I almost burned down the house! Seriously! I tried blowing out the flame and it kept lighting up again until I almost burnt my hand and had to throw it in the sink... haha

5:36 PM  
Blogger kara dee. said...

I'm applauding you right now ( you just can't hear my clapping through the computer)

10:10 PM  
Blogger Alayna said...

insane

11:18 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

yeah but kerrrayzeee is WAY more crazier than crazy because crazy is coo coo but kerrrayzeee is awesome and just plain kerrrayzeee.... but if you're referring to insane then crazy will do just fine... so basically my comment was pointless... :)

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home