Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Signing off

Hey, how's everyone doing? I was just thinking about how much of an encouragement you have all been to me, and I wanted to thank you for that. It's been really cool to see how the Youth Group has grown over the year, too. I've also been thinking a bit about leaving for school on the 4th of September. I am stoked for heading out, but I'll definitely be thinking of you guys as I'm at college.

This blog has been a ton o' fun and I've learned a lot through it. Because I'm heading out to college soon, I guess this is my way of signing off, seeing as though I'm no longer part of the Senior High Youth Group. I still find it kinda hard to believe I've graduated already.

Although I don't really have any words of wisdom, I found these really encouraging words framed in my bedroom as I was starting to pack. It was cool how God once again provided the encouragement I needed even when I was cleaning my room.


God has not promised
there will always be sunshine in our lives,

but He has promised that His light
will always be before us.

He has not promised we
will never feel lonely,

but He has promised that in Him
we will never be alone.

He has not promised that we will be
free from pain and sorrow,

but He has promised He will be our help,
our strength, our everlasting peace.

No matter what happens in our lives,
we can believe fully in His promise . . .

we can rest confidently in His love.


I hope your group continues to grow not only in numbers as you continue to seek after God and His everlasting love.

This is Sharilyn, signing off.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bobby said...

thanks for that...poem? I like it! Have a good time at College!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Farewell my beloved friend! Thanks for such an AWESOME year and being an amazing friend. I pray that you'll have a great time at Briercrest too! Miss you lots,
Andrea

10:15 PM  
Blogger kara dee. said...

aawwwww!!! I'm going to miss you being in the youth group and in my caregroup...you're such an amazing person and the passion that you have for God is so evident!!! I love ya!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

It was awesome having you in the youth group and getting to know you Sharylin. Have an amazing time at college!!!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Kiersten said...

bye sharilyn! thanks for all of your encouragement this year! i hope your time at briercrest is amazing! learn lots! we'll be thinking about you!! God bless!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Ross said...

your super awesome

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home