Monday, September 11, 2006

God, take the wheel.

I am so pumped for ISCF this year! And it's not anything that I've done, but God is taking total control over everything, and blessing it. Sheldon's group hasn't even started yet and I already see God working. A number of things have happened in the last couple days that convinces that God's in charge.

ISCF Sheldon starts tomorrow. bright and early at 7:45am. so I went into the office before school to hand in the announcement I had just made up to formally announce the start of ISCF (aka to pretend I was organized). Usually announcements like the Inter- School Christian Fellowship group would get down graded to the announcement sheet that is handed out to all of the classes but never read. but for some reason the SRC prez announced it in second period and was giggling when it came to the part about chuck norris kicking it off (or somewhere along those lines) therefore advertising it all the more! and then for some reason it was announced again near the end of the day...so for anyone who missed it the first time!

during my spare I went around the school to take down any posters that I had hung up last friday advertising ISCF that had been vandalized and to see if any of the posters had been taken down by the janitors (grr). but to my surprise all of the posters were up and none where vandalized!

at lunch I was helping a teacher when I ran into my friend Tim, who helped me lead ISCF last year, and is co-ordinating it this year with Jonathan and Stacie. It was wired, I hadn't seen him since last year, and just this morning I had made a note to myself to call him to see if he could come to the meeting tomorrow (aka emotional support). but I didnt even have to call him, because I randomly ran into him. And he already made plans to come tomorrow!

for the last couple of days, Ive kinda been worried about what to do for the first bible study. then after school today, my dad comes up to me with a fairly big package (I never get packages). I open the package and lo and behold: the package was from Canada Fire and they sent me a bunch of resources and bible studies and a bunch of other stuff, all valued at about $40.00---for free. one of the books they sent me is all about praying for our schools. this is exactly what the whole theme of the year was at Sheldon's ISCF---seeing as it's a prayer meeting...to pray for our schools.

then over the last week, random people (that I don't even think are Christians!) have been coming up to me asking me about when ISCF starts, and that they are going to come this year! and then there was the awesome youth rally on Saturday night that totally inspired me and I met some awesome Christians in my school that have never been to ISCF yet!

so God is at work, and I can;t deny it. I can only imagine what He has planned for this year in Sheldon. even all the praying that will be going on, something God-sized is bound to happen!

kara.

7 Comments:

Blogger kara dee. said...

ps. I'm really sorry that was so long!!!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Kiersten said...

oh wow.

that's so amazing, kar! i love it when God does cool stuff like that, just to assure you that everything's going to be OK, that's he's got it under control. so neat!! i love hearing stories like that, when you can tell that everything was totally God-influenced and fell into place because of him. good story.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Joshua said...

Way to go Kara! I'll be praying for you guys at Sheldon!

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did it go by the way....?

11:50 AM  
Blogger kara dee. said...

amazing. we had like 10-12 people come at 7:45 in the morning (pretty rad, if I'd say so myself) and we were missing a few people too!

6:54 PM  
Blogger kara dee. said...

the most we had last year was probably 6 people.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

We had our first ISCF today as well at Campbell. It was sweet because we had 12 people and there were a few that would have been there, but they had other plans today. We haven't gotten an anouncement in to the office yet, but we will have one for next week. We may even put an anouncement in for meet you at the pole, and that would be a cool thing to have to get the word out!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home